When Petal reviews applications, we look at an applicant’s digital financial record which includes digital bank statements and credit reports when available. Before you submit your application, you’ll complete the pre-approval process to see if you’re a good candidate for Petal. At this stage, we’ll do a soft credit check, also known as a “soft credit pull,” which won’t affect your credit score. If you’re pre-approved, you can submit your application, at which point we’ll do a hard credit pull on your report, which could affect your credit score.
Articles in this section
- When should I see Petal on my credit bureau report?
- How does Petal help me build credit?
- Does Petal do a soft or hard pull on my credit report?
- Does Petal report to a credit bureau?
- What information does Petal report to credit bureaus?
- I have general questions about credit, credit scores, and credit cards.
- How can I file a dispute with the credit bureaus?
- Does Petal offer credit counseling?