- Visit petalcard.com and click “Start Applying” to start the application process.
- The first part of the application is the pre-approval process which tells you if you’re likely a good fit for one of the Petal cards. Submitting your information for pre-approval only takes a few minutes, and won’t impact your credit score.
- If you're pre-approved for both Petal cards, you'll be able to submit an application for one of those products. If you're pre-approved for Petal 1, you can only apply for that card. Keep in mind that once you apply, you cannot apply again for either card at this time. FYI—the application uses the information you’ve already provided, so unless we specifically request to verify your information, you won’t need to provide anything else. If you’re not pre-approved, you won't be able to submit an application, and we’ll send you an email with an Adverse Action Notice that gives some more information about how we reached our decision.
- After submitting your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know if you’ve been approved for a Petal card along with your credit limit and APR. If you’re not approved, you’ll receive an Adverse Action Notice via email.
- If approved, keep an eye on your mailbox! Our cards typically arrive within 6-10 business days.
- While you're waiting for your card, you can set up your Petal account by going to petalcard.com/setup, or by following the prompt in your welcome email to create your account. You can also set up a bank account to use to make payments.
- Once it arrives, activate your card to start your credit building journey with Petal!
Was this article helpful?
109 out of 157 found this helpful