There are several factors that help us determine whether or not you’ll be approved for Petal. While we cannot guarantee that you’ll be approved, your chances of approval are higher if you meet the following requirements:
- You must:
- be a U.S. Citizen or legal resident with an SSN or ITIN
- be over the age of 18 (or 19 in AL and NE)
- have an active bank account
- It is also helpful if you:
- Have regular income
- Are able to consistently pay your month-to-month expenses
Please keep in mind that when making credit approval decisions, we look at your digital financial record, which includes your credit report if you have one. People looking to repair credit may find better options on the market than Petal. Applicants who have a history of missed payments or bankruptcy, for instance, may not qualify for Petal.
To see if you are likely to qualify, you can complete the pre-approval process before you submit your application without any impact to your credit score.