If you see a charge you don’t recognize and think it may be fraud, click here to learn more about how to take care of it.
Charged for something you canceled or ordered something that never arrived? Follow the steps below:
- While optional, the quickest way to resolve an issue with a merchant is often to get in touch with the merchant directly. It may take Petal some time to investigate your claim while the merchant may be able to resolve it within a few days.
- For tips on contacting the merchant, click here.
If the transaction appeared on your statement less than 60 days ago:
- Head over to the Activity Feed in your Petal account dashboard
- Click on the transaction you’d like to dispute
- Tap Contact Petal
- Then, select I recognize this purchase, but there’s an issue
- Fill out and submit the dispute submission form
If the transaction appeared on your statement more than 60 days ago, or you’re not sure:
- Give us a call at 1-855-697-3825
Charge Errors and Fraud Charges Overview
You can file claims about both charge errors and fraudulent charges on your account:
- A claim about a charge dispute can be filed when you made a purchase with your Petal card but doesn’t look correct. Some examples of charge disputes are:
- A charge that is higher than the amount on your receipt.
- Your card was charged multiple times for one item (a “duplicate” charge).
- A one-time purchase that you returned or canceled, but you still haven’t received a credit for it.
- The description of the service or good did not match the delivered product.
- A purchase you made that was not delivered within the guaranteed time frame (If this was a package that was lost after delivery, please see the FAQ below).
- A fraudulent charge claim can be filed if you find a transaction you don’t recognize on your activity feed, and you have confirmed wasn’t made by you or anyone permitted to use your Petal card.
- If your card was lost or stolen, or you think someone used your account without permission, freeze your card and give us a call right away at 1-855-697-3825. You can easily do this by clicking on the transaction you'd like to dispute in your activity feed and clicking I don’t recognize this transaction.
You may be asked for some evidence to back up your claim, such as:
- Copies of the original invoice, receipt or contracts.
- Copies of email or written correspondence with the merchant.
Yes, there are a few things to keep in mind when submitting a dispute for a charge error:
- The purchase must have been made in your home state or within 100 miles of your current mailing address, and you must have paid more than $50 (if we advertised this product to you, or if we own the company that sold you the product, you can disregard these restrictions).
- You need to have used your Petal credit card for the purchase
- The purchase cannot be fully paid off
For more information on filing a dispute, please refer to the Cardholder Agreement.