Sometimes, connecting your bank account can be tricky, so we've included some common issues and their solutions below. Read through 1-6 to see if any of these situations describe the problem you're having. If so, follow the instructions within that scenario to get to a resolution.
1) Are you trying to connect a financial account that is not supported?
- Our data provider keeps an exhaustive list of the banks that are having some trouble with the system, so check out our known bank issues article to see if the bank you're trying to connect is one of those accounts.
2) Are you trying to connect a pre-paid account?
- Unfortunately, Petal doesn't support connection to prepaid accounts right now. We're still building out our program, so check back in periodically to see if we'll have that capability in the future!
3) Are you having trouble finding your bank in the search results?
- Petal supports over 14,000 banks and credit unions, and we're working to add more! If you can't find your bank or credit union when searching on our website, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Type in the bank’s full name instead of an abbreviation.
- If your bank has a number in the name, try typing both the letter and number
- If it still doesn't pop up, we're sad to say that you won’t be able to apply for Petal right now.
4) Are you having trouble with the security questions, steps, SMS, or signing into your financial institution?
- Make sure you have the correct login username, password, and answers to security questions.
- If you can’t get through on our site with the credentials you’re using, try logging into your bank directly from their site.
- If you can’t log in on your institution’s site, please contact them directly to get access. Once that’s cleared, you can try again on Petal’s website.
- If you can log in with your financial institution, but not with Petal, let us know by replying to this email and include your bank’s name and any error message you see on Petal’s site. Make sure you’re replying from the email you use to sign in to Petal.
- If you’re successfully able to log into your bank’s website, but not through Petal, let us know by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “Bank Login Issue” and include your bank’s name and any error messages you see.
- For your security, please do not email us your bank login credentials.
5) I've following all of these steps above and I still can't connect.
- The majority of the time, connection issues can be resolved by trying again in 24 hours. If you have a chance to apply again tomorrow, there's a chance it could work for you, too!
- If you decide to try again, we recommend trying again on a computer versus a mobile device.
- If it doesn't work when you try again the following day, we're sad to say that you won't be able to apply for Petal right now. However, we encourage you to try again in the future since we're always working on strengthening our connection with our data provider.