If you’re running into trouble with your application for Petal, we’re here to help. We've addressed some of the most common issues below. Keep reading to see if any of these situations describe the problem you’re having.
1) I am having issues connecting my financial institution or bank.
- Connecting your bank account can be a tricky process, so we've included some common issues and their solutions in this article. Check it out!
2) I was declined for Petal the first time I applied, so I’m trying to apply again.
- If you’ve already applied for Petal and were not approved, you're not able to re-submit your application right now. The good news is that we plan to allow re-applications in the future. Stay tuned for updates!
3) I think I started an application already, but I can’t remember and/or am using updated information.
- If you forgot if you’ve applied already and you’re getting stuck at the income submission step, there’s a chance that you’ve already started an application using a different email address or another piece of personal information.
- To move forward with your application for Petal:
- Make sure your personal information such as your legal name, address, SSN, phone number and email address, is exactly the same as when you first started the application.
- Try again using the correct email address. The email address field is case sensitive, so make sure it’s typed correctly.
- Manually enter your information instead of using the autofill feature on your browser.
4) I have not applied before and I keep getting the same error message.
- There’s a chance that our third-party data provider is having trouble connecting to your bank accounts to Petal. In this case, you should be able to get through if you start the application again in 24 hours.
5) I’ve tried all the steps above, but I still get the same error message.
- If you’ve tried all of the steps above but you still can’t submit your application, we're sad to say that you won't be able to apply right now. Our product team is dedicated to improving the application process, so we recommend trying to apply again in the future once we’ve ironed out some of the kinks.