There are a few common reasons why you may be having trouble making a payment from your account:
- The account and routing number was entered incorrectly
- The connection to your linked account is not working, so you need to relink it
- The account is closed or frozen
- You’re not authorized to make payments from the account
- You might have exceeded the number of debit attempts from this account
If you’re sure the account is active and you have access to it, the best way to troubleshoot is to remove and add the account again. Otherwise, check with your bank or use a different account.