There are a few reasons you may be having trouble adding a bank account using the account and routing number, some of which are:
- The account is closed or frozen
- The routing and account number may be incorrect
- There is a stop payment on the account
- The account has been flagged by a previous merchant
- The account is not a valid checking or savings account
- The account cannot be used for ACH debits
- The routing number may be for a U.S. government financial institution
- The routing number may be for an institution outside of the U.S.
- The account may be an Amex Traveler's check account, which is not supported
- The account does not have enough money in it to be added as a payment account.
If you believe the error message you’re receiving is incorrect or that the issue has been fixed, either send an email to email@example.com or give us a call 1-855-697-3825 so we can look into it.