Linking your bank account gives information beyond your credit score to see if you’re pre-approved. Sometimes linking can be tricky, so we’ve included some common scenarios and troubleshooting steps below. If you’re still having trouble, please shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re trying to link a bank and it’s not connecting, there’s a chance that it does not meet one of the following requirements. Make sure that:
- The bank account is from a US bank
- The bank account is not currently linked to an existing Petal account
- The bank account is not a prepaid account
If the bank account you’re trying to add doesn’t meet these requirements, you won’t be able to apply for a Petal card at this time.
Are you having trouble signing into your bank account?
If your account meets the requirements and you’re still having trouble linking your account due to the security questions or logging in, the following tips may help:
- Double check you are entering the correct login username, password, and answers to security questions.
- If you’re sure the credentials are correct, try logging into your bank directly from your bank’s site. If you still can’t log in on your institution’s site, please contact them directly to get access. Once that’s cleared, you can try again on Petal’s website.
- If you’re successfully able to log in to your bank’s website, but not through Petal, let us know by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “Bank Log in Issue” and include your bank’s name and any error messages you see. As a reminder, for your security, please do not email us your bank login credentials.
If your account meets the requirements, but you can’t find your financial institution in the search bar, or it’s just not connecting, try the following:
- Type in the bank’s full name instead of an abbreviation
- If your bank has a number in the name, try typing both the letter and number
- Try again in 24 hours using a computer instead of a mobile device
Even though Petal currently supports over 14,000 banks, credit unions and other financial institutions through our third party data providers, unfortunately not all banks are supported right now. So, if you’re asked to link your bank account during the application, but you still can’t find it or link it, you won’t be approved for the Petal card right now.
If you’re still having trouble and don’t see your issue listed above, let us know by shooting us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look into it for you!