For security purposes, you’ll need to verify your phone number during the application process. Sometimes, this can be a bit tricky, so we’ve included some pointers below to help you out. If you’re still running into trouble with your code after trying these troubleshooting tips, please send an email to email@example.com and we’ll investigate.
If you're running into trouble receiving your verification code, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Give it a few minutes—it can take a little while for the code to reach your phone, so hang tight!
- If it’s been over 5 minutes, double check that you’re entering a valid phone number—it needs to be a valid 10 digit phone number (including the area code). Make sure it’s a cell phone number if you’ve chosen to have the code sent via text message.
- Check the Wi-Fi or mobile connection strength. A weak signal can hinder the receipt of text messages or phone calls.
- If you chose to receive the code via text message, make sure that you can send and receive text messages in your cell phone settings. If you’re not sure how to do that, we recommend reaching out to your phone carrier directly.
- Make sure you’re using a U.S phone number—international phone numbers won’t work.
If you've received the verification code but it's not working when you enter it, try these troubleshooting tips:
- The code you received may have expired, so requesting and entering a new one by clicking retry now may do the trick.
- Make sure you’re using the newest code you were sent—the code may have changed if you’ve requested a new one.
- Enter the code exactly as it appears. Double check for typos or missing digits.