If you have an issue with a purchase you’ve made (like your transaction hasn’t posted yet, you’d like to return an item, or you’re not satisfied with your purchase), we recommend reaching out to the merchant first. It can take a while for Petal to investigate your claim, so they’ll usually be able to resolve your issue a bit quicker than we can. If you’d rather file a dispute right away with Petal, check out this article for more info.
How do I get in touch with the merchant?
- If you have a receipt from your purchase, you may find the phone number or contact information of the merchant.
- You can also search for the merchant’s contact information online. Make sure you include additional information in your search, like the state or neighborhood in which you made the purchase.
- You can also check out websites, like gethuman.com which can help link you to the merchant (we have no affiliation with GetHuman.com—we just thought it was nifty!).
Once I get in touch with the merchant, what should I do?
- Make sure to give them the date and amount of the transaction, and explain your concern.
- Ask for next steps, or when you can expect a resolution.
- Keep note of when you contacted the merchant, the name of the person you spoke with, and when you can expect to see a resolution.
- If possible, keep a transcript or recording of the conversation you had with the merchant. This information may come in handy if you need to file a dispute.