How can I dispute a charge?

If you see a charge you don’t recognize and think it may be fraud, head to the "Fraudulent Charges" section below to read more.  

Charged for something you canceled or ordered something that never arrived?  Follow the steps below: 

Contact the merchant
  • While optional, the quickest way to resolve an issue with a merchant is often to get in touch with the merchant directly. It may take Petal some time to investigate your claim while the merchant may be able to resolve it within a few days.
  • For tips on contacting the merchant, click here.
File a dispute

If the transaction appeared on your statement less than 60 days ago:

  • Head over to the Activity Feed in your Petal account dashboard
  • Click on the transaction you’d like to dispute
  • Tap Contact Petal
  • Then, select I recognize this purchase, but there’s an issue
  • Fill out and submit the dispute submission form 

If the transaction appeared on your statement more than 60 days ago, or you’re not sure:

  • Give us a call at 1-855-697-3825

Charge Errors and Fraud Charges Overview

You can file claims about both charge errors and fraudulent charges on your account:

Charge errors
  • A claim about a charge dispute can be filed when you made a purchase with your Petal card but doesn’t look correct. Some examples of charge disputes are:
    • A charge that is higher than the amount on your receipt.
    • Your card was charged multiple times for one item (a “duplicate” charge).
    • A one-time purchase that you returned or canceled, but you still haven’t received a credit for it.
    • The description of the service or good did not match the delivered product.
    • A purchase you made that was not delivered within the guaranteed time frame (If this was a package that was lost after delivery, please see the FAQ below).
Fraudulent charges
  • A fraudulent charge claim can be filed if you find a transaction you don’t recognize on your activity feed, and you have confirmed wasn’t made by you or anyone permitted to use your Petal card.
  • If your card was lost or stolen, or you think someone used your account without permission, freeze your card and give us a call right away at 1-855-697-3825. You can easily do this by clicking on the transaction you'd like to dispute in your activity feed and clicking I don’t recognize this transaction. 


Was this article helpful?
558 out of 1422 found this helpful